- 1. Make your emergency landing decisions on the ground at 0 airspeed prior to the flight.
- 2. When an emergency happens, maintain aircraft control, analyze the situation and land as the situation dictates.
- 3. Fly your plan, and don't try to make the impossible happen.
- 4. Use all available resources, but disregard extraneous inputs.
- 5. Let the insurance company worry about the dirt on the prop.
- 6. When you land off airport, enter "X000" in your logbook for the landing site. I learned this from Tim because helo pilots do this all the time.
- 7. Read rule No. 2 again!