Next morning, I awoke to whipping winds and dark, uneven skies. The storm was now tracking westward from Jacksonville towards the panhandle. A flight westward over the Gulf of Mexico would circumvent the storm. But what a deviation, hundreds of miles out of the way. What about contingency planning? Rob and I discussed losing an engine and having to divert to Mobile or back to Fort Myers, well south of the storm. Plenty of fuel for either, we decided, even if I had to drift down to a lower altitude and burn more gas in the remaining engine. Doug called with similar thoughts; head west around the westward side of the system, put up with the headwinds, avoid the nasty stuff to the eastern side, stay well away from precip. Little did I know, I was to ignore both advisors.