Win King Schools Practical Risk Management for Weather Enter every day for a fresh chance to win!
King Schools' new CD course, Practical Risk Management for Weather for Both the VFR and IFR Pilot, helps aviators reduce their overall risk by providing lots of new strategies for dealing with stormy weather. Now, you can enter to win one of these educational and entertaining courses in our giveaway on www.flyingmag.com. No purchase is necessary, and the official rules can be found on the website.
Weather is the leading cause of fatal accidents, so addressing weather risks is arguably the best thing a pilot can do to improve his odds. With this in mind, Practical Risk Management for Weather provides common sense advice on such issues as defining what the risks really are, making smart VFR weather decisions, using your autopilot in adverse weather conditions, anticipating weather changes and what they'll mean to your flight, taking terrain and weather into consideration, plus much more.
To learn more about the CD course, visit www.kingschools.com. Practical Risk Management for Weather normally sells for $49, but you might win one by entering our giveaway on www.flyingmag.com. We're giving away 20 of the two-CD courses in our drawing that begins on July 15th. So stop by and take a chance. Good luck!
This giveaway is now over. Please check flyingmag.com for another chance to win a great prize!
OFFICIAL RULES King Schools Practical Risk Management for Weather Sweepstakes
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Enter online after 12:01 p.m. ET, Tuesday, July 15th, 2004 at www.flyingmag.com. Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. ET on Wednesday, August 14th, 2004. One entry per person or email address per day.
2. This Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and Washington D.C., 18 years of age and older, except the employees of the Sponsors, Hachette Filipacchi Media U.S., Inc. and King Schools and members of their immediate families.
3. Every week for four weeks, 20 winners will be selected at random from all eligible entrants. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. The winners will be notified by mail and/or by email. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
4. Winners will receive King Schools' new CD course, Practical Risk Management for Weather. Approx. retail value ("ARV"): $49.00. Prizes will be awarded.
5. No transfers, substitutions in prizes or cash will be allowed except by Sponsor, who may substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
6. Winners must comply with all instructions in the prize notification letter, including the completion of an affidavit and liability/publicity release, and return them within fifteen days of the date on the prize notification letter; otherwise prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. By entering and/or by accepting a prize, you agree to be bound by these rules and to release Sponsors from any and all liability arising out of your participation in this Sweepstakes with respect to the awarding, receipt, use and/or misuse of any prize.
7. Liability for any applicable taxes will be the sole responsibility of the winner. All expenses not specifically provided for by Sponsors in these rules are the sole responsibility of the winner.
8. Entries that are lost, late, illegible or incomplete for any reason will not be eligible. Sponsors reserve the right to modify or terminate this Sweepstakes or disqualify any entry in the event of technical impairment by computer virus or otherwise. In the event of early termination, Sponsors will randomly select winners from all eligible entries received at time of termination. In the event of a dispute concerning the identity of the person submitting an entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the email account is registered. This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States with venue in New York County in the State of New York.
9. For winners list, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope after August 14, 2004 to: King Schools CD Sweepstakes Winners, Attention: Editorial Dept., Flying Magazine, 500 West Putnam Avenue, Greenwich, CT 06830. Residents of VT may omit postage.