- Always fly IFR flight procedures as charted. DO NOT follow the database point-to-point without reference to the chart.
- Be aware that your database may not contain every SID (DP), STAR and approach procedure.
- Be aware that your database may not contain every leg or segment of the procedure you are flying.
- Not everything you need is in your database.
- Always confirm that the waypoint or navaids you retrieve from the database is at the location you intended.
- GPS, FMS and electronic map displays with associated databases are not a substitute for current aeronautical charts.