The latest software update for Garmin’s G500 and G600 cockpits is now available and includes a number features that are specific to certain airframes and installations.
Here’s a rundown of all the changes, available now as a free software upgrade:
- · With the latest software, Garmin says many TBM 700/850 models with a G600 flight display may be eligible for operations in Reduced Vertical Separation Minimum (RVSM) airspace.
- · Altitude Preselect is available for KFC 200/250 autopilots when paired with a GAD 43e, a long awaited feature for customers utilizing these autopilots.
- · Flight director display is now available for Century IV/41/2000 autopilots.
- · Flight director display with synthetic vision technology (SVT) enabled is now available for select Cessna autopilots.
- · Interface to the GNC 255 series navigator receiver.
- · Basic GWX 70 interface similar to the GWX 68 functions.
- · Interface to an existing KDM 706(A) DME when paired with a GAD 43e.
- · Gyro emulation for Cessna 400B/800B/1000 IFCS autopilots when paired with a GAD 43e.
Get exclusive online content like this delivered straight to your inbox by signing up for our free enewsletter.
We welcome your comments on flyingmag.com. In order to maintain a respectful environment, we ask that all comments be on-topic, respectful and spam-free. All comments made here are public and may be republished by Flying.