Located in Vincennes, Indiana, The Vincennes University Aviation Technology Center one of the oldest and only higher education flight schools in Indiana. The satellite campus of Vincennes University acts as a separate technical school and offers two associate degrees, Aviation Flight Technology and Aviation Maintenance Technology. The flight school is located on the Eagle Creek Airport (EYE), less than 10 minutes from campus. The school hosts a university owned fleet of Cirrus and Piper aircraft for training. Base tuition is higher than very affordable for a technical school and flight expenses are average. Students can apply for institutional or aviation scholarships to lower the costs even more. Eligible students can use VA benefits to pay for school and flight training. Students who finish the professional pilot program will be eligible for a restricted ATP.
- Founded in 1801 as Jefferson Academy, VU is the oldest public institution of higher learning in Indiana.
- The aviation technology center is a satellite campus of the main university and acts as a separate tech school.
- Eagle Creek Airport (EYE), which is less than 10 minutes from campus.
The fleet consists of
- Cirrus SR20s
- Piper Seminoles
- $4,000 a year
- $75-80,000 for flight training
- Vincennes, Indiana
Levels of study offered
- Aviation Flight Technology
- Aviation Maintenance Technology
- In-State Tuition (Per Year) $4,000
- Out-of-State Tuition (Per Year)$4,000
- Flight Cost $77,500
- In-State Total Estimated Program Cost$85,500
- Out-of-State Total Estimated Program Cost$85,500
- NIFA (Y/N)No
- NIFA RegionN/A