Located in Jacksonville, Florida, Florida State College at Jacksonville offers four associate degree programs with focuses in aviation, as well as four aviation certificate tracks. The school enrolls students year-round.
Florida State College at Jacksonville hosts an FAA-approved Part 141 Pilot School to provide ground and pilot training. Flight training occurs at Cecil Airport (KVQQ) in Jacksonville’s Westside, only 25 minutes from campus.
Programs offered include:
- Associate of Applied Science
- Aviation Administration (Air Traffic Control)
- Aviation Maintenance Administration
- Aviation Maintenance Management
- Professional Pilot Technology
- Aviation Airframe Mechanics
- Aviation Mechanic
- Aviation Powerplant Mechanics
- Commercial Pilot
The college’s base tuition is average for the size school it is. In-state students will pay about $8,000 a year while out-of-state tuition is about double that, around $16,000 a year. Base tuition does not include flight expenses.
Flight students will benefit from affordable flight costs. Up to and including the certified flight instructor elective course, students will pay roughly $45,000.
Florida State College at Jacksonville offers many aviation scholarships for students to reduce costs even more, including:
● Richard J. Phillips Aviation Endowed Scholarship
● Friends of Fernandina Aviation Non-Endowed Scholarship
● Flightstar Endowed Scholarship
The school also accepts veteran’s benefits such as the GI Bill.
Fleet and Facilities
Florida State College at Jacksonville works with Sunrise Aviation to provide flight training to students. The fleet at Sunrise includes:
● Cessna 172s
● Cessna 152s
● Piper Seminoles
Graduates of the flight program will be eligible for a R-ATP.
Florida State College at Jacksonville offers on-campus housing and many campus dining options.
The college hosts eight on-campus sports teams. Intramural sports are also available for less competitive students.
There are a number of organizations that the school partners with that are geared toward ongoing community, campus, and global service.
The Bottom Line
Florida State College at Jacksonville hosts a Part 141 flight school and can offer students an R-ATP at the completion of the flight program. Very affordable flight expenses and a sunny Florida location may be drawing points.
- In-State Tuition (Per Year) $8,000
- Out-of-State Tuition (Per Year)$16,000
- Flight Cost $45,000
- In-State Total Estimated Program Cost$61,000
- Out-of-State Total Estimated Program Cost$77,000
- NIFA (Y/N)No
- NIFA RegionN/A