- Route legs are defined by airports, waypoints, or latitude/longitude coordinates.
- Route must start and end at same location (landing not required).
- Must be 5 legs, minimum 65 nm each.
- Legs can cross state lines.
- Teams must land at one airport other than start/stop point.
- If an additional fuel stop is needed, Teams may fly over a waypoint near the fuel stop to end their time for that leg, then fly over that waypoint again to start their time for next leg.
- Each leg may have no more than one bend to avoid airspace or terrain.
- Route must not form a straight line out and back.
- Route must be documented on the Derby Flight Plan and submitted for review by May 31.