1. Wright Flyer - Genesis
2. Piper Cub - The first taste of flight for so many.
3. Douglas DC-3 - Reshaped air travel
4. Cessna 172 - The most prolific trainer for a reason. (And I'm a Piper guy)
5. Spirit of St. Louis - Made the world rethink what an airplane could do.
6. Boeing 737 - The most succesfull airliner... In the world.
7. North American P-51 Mustang - It won a war and then came home and won races, a true throughbred.
8. Messerschmitt ME-262 - Turned the flying world on it's ear.
9. Curtis JN-4 Jenny - The original barnstormer.
10. Boeing 367-80 - Spawned the dominant family of jetliners that are still going strong.