The National Short Take Off & Landing Competition (STOL) Series is expanding with seven new event locations to the 2023 lineup, the organization announced.
This year’s season launches March 17 and 18 with the 3rd Annual Swamp STOL Competition & Fly-In at the Jennings Airport (3R7) in Jennings, Louisiana. “Known for its southern charm, Cajun flair, and local musical talent, Swamp STOL has fast become both a competitor and fan favorite,” National STOL said in a statement.
Events on the National STOL 2023 schedule also include:
- April 22-23—Outlaw STOL, Somerton, Arizona (54AZ)
- May 5-6—SoCal STOL, Jurupa Valley, California (KTSP)
- May 26-28—Wayne America Fly-In, Wayne, Nebraska (KLCG)
- July 7-9—Isle Fly-in, Isle, Minnesota (MY72)
- July 22-23—Sodbusters STOL Competition, Hartford, Wisconsin (KHXF)
- August 11-13—Rocky Mountain STOL, Pinedale, Wyoming (KPNA)
- September 22-24—Georgia STOL, Newnan, Georgia (KCCO)
- October 27-28—Lonestar STOL, Texas, Location TBA
- December 2023—The Husky National STOL 2022 Season Championships, Location TBA
Also joining the series this year is the Rocky Mountain STOL in Wyoming following an inaugural event in August. “The event quickly developed a reputation for spoiling pilots with breakfast, ice cream, and a bus ride up to the gorgeous Half Moon Lake Lodge for an amazing four course meal, creating a fully immersive experience into all that Pinedale has to offer,” National STOL said.
The Isle Fly-In in Minnesota and the Georgia STOL, are also new this year, the organization said, adding that a mid-Atlantic event and a Nashville, Tennessee event were also in “early planning phases.”